AVSS-2022 is the 18th edition of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video
and Signal-Based Surveillance, a premier forum for the presentation of new advances and research results
in the field of video and signal-based surveillance. The goal is to provide a game-changing and cross-disciplinary
forum that brings together experts from academia, industry, and government to advance the frontiers of theories,
methods, systems, and applications. AVSS-2022 is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society (PAMI TC) and the
IEEE Signal Processing Society.
AVSS-2022will be held under a virtual format but, if allowed by the pandemic situation, the opportunity
of casual in-person interactions and discussions for a limited number of persons (40 ~ 50) joining physically at Universidad
Autónoma de Madrid will be given.
Conference proceedings: published in IEEE Xplore digital library.
Keynote speakers: previous AVSS editions included Rama Chellappa,
etc. (Still in progress for AVSS-2022.)
Location: Both virtually and at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Topics of interest, included, but are not limited to:
- SENSOR-CENTRIC PROCESSING: Sensors (visible/infrared/3D/mm and wave/audio/radio, etc.) |
Ground, airborne, satellite based (fixed/mobile /UAV) | Crowdsourcing (cellular/social networks) |
Calibration and positioning (GPS, etc.) | Communications and networked sensing | Distributed Camera
Networks and Smart Cameras | Participatory Sensing
- PROCESSING, DETECTION, TRACKING & RECOGNITION: Modelling and feature selection |
Detection and estimation (change/motion/anomaly/saliency/pattern) | Data association and (multi) target tracking |
Classification and recognition | Multi-modal fusion
- VISUALIZATION AND INTERACTION CONCEPTS FOR SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS: Compression and summarization |
Archival, search and retrieval | Human-computer interfaces | Visualization algorithms | Mobile and distributed interaction
- ANALYTICS, SITUATION AWARENESS & DECISION MAKING: Activity/interaction analysis and monitoring | Intention
estimation and situation awareness | Crowdsourcing-based methods | Cognitive dynamic systems and bio-inspired methods
- SECURITY & PRIVACY: Data authenticity | Privacy in surveillance | Attacks on Surveillance Vulnerabilities | Forensics |
Biometrics (standoff, multi-modal, voice, etc.) | Cybersecurity for surveillance (wireless, network, computer) | Advanced Biometrics at a Distance
- SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS: Hardware and software architectures | Research prototypes | Simulators | Civilian, industrial,
and military | Transportation (road, rail, air, maritime) | Performance evaluation